An Open Letter to My Daughters
With each passing day, no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to stop you from growing up too fast. The girls that used to need me for everything they did, are now becoming more and more independent every day. While you still think that I am the strongest, smartest and coolest Dad, I wanted to quickly give you some life lessons and tell you why I love you so much.
1. Remember, the way I treat your Mom is what you should look for in your life.
2. I can’t help dancing around and trying to embarrass you when you’re with your friends. I’m selfish. I have to see that beautiful smile.
3. If I tell you that he’s not good enough for you, it is because I don’t see enough of me, in him.
4. Sorry for all of the calls. I couldn’t stop worrying until you were home again.
5. Yes, I stayed another 5 minutes on the sidewalk after you got on the bus and left. I hope you saw me waving through the windows.
6. I am 100% focused on your life and your potential.
7. I want your history to bring a smile.
8. I want you to live with no regrets and a sense of urgency. My job is to teach you how to do that.
9. There will always be those who tell you that it is too hard or it can’t be done. Remember that I told you that you can have anything you want, as long as you’re willing to work for it.
10. I never knew what true love was until you were born.
11. I have regrets. I’m not perfect. I hope it is a long time before you realize that.
12. I will never tell you that you can get me to do anything just by looking at me and smiling.
13. Remember those trips that Daddy took? I’m sorry. But you were with me the whole time.
14. Each one of you is different and yet the same; a cheerleader, an artist, a tomboy – but you’re all angels.
15. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
16. Remember what I always say, it isn’t about the clothes, your hair, makeup; it is about your mind and your heart.
17. Never stop dreaming and whatever makes you feel alive – do it every day for the rest of your life.
18. Kids are cruel. Life is cruel. If you can love yourself and everything about yourself, then what others say won’t matter. Be yourself and those who love you for who you are will want to be around you.
19. Don’t be scared; be brave. Don’t hesitate; take action.
20. I want to thank you for teaching me how to be a real man. Oh yeah, tell your Mom thanks for taking a chance on me.
By Smitty on August 25th, 2012
Become Diesel Insider
- Discover Critical Muscle Building Tips
- Get Super Effective Workouts and Programs
- Live the Life of Your Dreams
- Become a Master at Getting Shit Done.
- Quit F*cking Around - Let's go!